How much I can spend?
If your weekly payment is
Your starting credit can be up to
How It Works
1. Documents Required
You will need to have a valid photo ID plus a proof of address document to apply. Click here for more detail on Identity Verification Requirements Click here
2. Submit Your Application
Or give us a buzz on 0800 728 728 and we will arrange a rep to assist you. Click here to apply now.
3. Credit Check
We'll run a credit check to see if you are eligible for ezpay
4. Get Approved
All applications are subject to our responsible lending and identification criteria.
Open An Account And Receive
Receive $25 OFF
With your first purchase.
*Applies to full priced items only, not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Minimum spend $99.
Receive $100 Store Credit
When you refer 3 friends or family members within a month and receive $100 store credit when all 3 first payments are received.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I use my EZPAY account?
- What is EZPAY?
A Flexible Finance option that makes shopping with us easy
- How does EZPAY work?
Red Rat offers an extended purchase limit for approved EZPAY customers to shop now, pay later
- What do I need to apply for EZPAY?
You must be over 18 and a New Zealand resident. You need to provide one primary or two secondary IDs, and a proof of bank account. Please note that EZPAY is currently only available for New Zealand customers
- How do I sign up for an EZPAY account?
Simply complete our EZPAY application form online (link to form), submit it through online or visit your
nearest red rat store with a copy of your ID and proof of bank account. You can also call 0800728728 to request a home visit if possible (depending on the distance from the nearest store).
- When can I shop?
If your EZPAY application is approved you can shop after a successful direct debit payment.
- Identity verification requirements?
The Amended Identity Verification Code of Practice 2013 permits the following options for documentary verification of name and date of birth.Option 1
One of the following:Option 2
- New Zealand passport.
- New Zealand certificate of identity.
- New Zealand refugee travel document.
- New Zealand firearms licence.
- Overseas passport or similar document issued for the purpose of international travel which: Contains the name, date of birth, a photograph and the signature of the person in whose name the document is issued; and is issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations.
- A national identity card issued for the purpose of identification that: Contains the name, date of birth and a photograph of the person in whose name the document is issued and their signature or other biometric measure included where relevant; and is issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations.
Two forms of identification, being one of:And one of:Option 3
- New Zealand full birth certificate;
- Certificate of New Zealand citizenship.
- Citizenship certificate issued by foreign government.
- Birth certificate issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations.
- New Zealand driver licence.
- 18+ Card.
- Valid and current international driving permit.
And one of:
- New Zealand driver licence
- Confirmation that the information presented on the driver licence is consistent with records held in the National Register of driver licences e.g. through Centrix SmartID.
- A document issued by a registered bank that contains the person's name and signature, for example a credit card, debit card or EFTPOS card. Note: The bank card must have the customer's name embossed on the card. A copy of the credit card must not be kept in either paper or scanned form and the credit card number must not be written down.
- A bank statement issued by a registered bank to the person in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of the application.
- A document issued by a government agency that contains the person's name and signature (e.g. a SuperGold Card).
- A statement issued by a government agency to the person in the 12 months immediately preceding the date of the application (e.g. a statement from the Inland Revenue Department).
* EZPay is a loan. As a responsible lender we want to make sure the loan is suitable and affordable for you, and that you meet our minimum credit criteria. For more info about how EZPay works, give us a buzz on 0800 728 728.