- How do I change my bank account details?
Call us to change your bank account details over the phone, send us an email with a screenshot of your bank account details or pop over to your local store with a statement.
- How much does it cost?
Nothing. You won’t have to pay for shipping costs on top of your order if you choose to Click & Collect.
- How do I use Click & Collect?
1. Shop online as usual and add your items to the shopping cart.
2. At checkout, select the Pickup In-store option.
3. Choose your preferred store for pickup from the drop-down menu.
4. Complete payment as usual to confirm your order.
5. You will receive 3 emails – Order Confirmation, Order Dispatch and Order Ready for Pickup.
6. When you’ve received the Order Ready email, bring this (it’s ok if you don’t have a printer, just show us on your phone) and a form of ID to collect your order from the specified red rat store.
- Can I choose to have some items delivered and collect others in the same order?
No, but our shipping fee is a flat rate of $5 per order nationwide, regardless of how many items are in the order, so please feel free to put through a separate order for the items you wish to have directly delivered to you.
- Can someone else collect my shopping for me?
No, you need to come and collect your order personally. This is to avoid mix-ups and unauthorized pickups.
- What ID do you accept?
You can bring in Driver's Licence, Passport, 18+ card, School ID, Gun Licence, Police ID or Armed Forces ID.
- Why does it take up to 7 days before it is ready to collect?
Your order will be processed, picked from our distribution warehouse and then sent to your chosen store. This is the time it takes to be picked, delivered to your chosen store and prepared for pickup.
- When can I pick my order up from the store?
Your order can be picked up from the specified store AFTER you have received the Order Ready email. Please see here
for individual store opening hours.
- Can I exchange or get a refund on my Click & Collect order?
All orders from our website are subject to the same Returns Policy, see more info here
- It's been 5 days, why haven't I received confirmation that my order is ready for pick-up yet?
If you haven't received an email advising that your order has arrived in store after 3 business days of placing your order, you can contact Customer Care to look into the delay for you.
Please call 0800 728 728 or email
and quote your order number.
- How long will my order remain available for pick-up at the store?
Your order will be available for pick-up from your nominated store for 14 days following its arrival.
If you haven’t picked up your order after 14 working days of receiving your arrival confirmation email, then we will return the item and refund the money into the same account.
- Can I pick my order up from a different store than the one I selected?
If you need to change your order collection store once you have placed your order, we can only do this if the order hasn't been processed and dispatched already.
Please contact Customer Care as soon as possible to see if we can change it for you - Call 0800 728 728 or email
- Can my family and friends use my account?
They can use your account providing you have given them authority which you can do at your local store.
- Has my order been shipped yet?
As soon as your order has been dispatched from our Distribution Centre, you will be sent an email confirmation to let you know that it's on its way.
- Why am I receiving so many service emails?
Red Rat sends service emails such as order confirmation, dispatch information etc to customers who shop online to update them about their order. This type of communication is a standard in online shopping. If you are having any issues, please give us a buzz on 0800 728 728 and our customer service team will be happy to assist you.
- Delayed Dispatch
We're moving our headquarters as we are growing to serve you better. This means that you will be expecting delays in order dispatch. We expect everything to be up and running smoothly after the 20th of April 2017. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope that you can bear with us during this time.
- Why am I receiving multiple parcels?
If you have been receiving multiple parcels for one order, this is because we have opened up our store branches as fulfilment centres to serve you better. This means that for some orders to be fulfilled, they may be dispatched at different times from different branches. If you are having any issues with your order, please give us a buzz on 0800 728 728 and our customer service team will be happy to assist you.
- Can I get my order delivered outside NZ?
Yes - We are now shipping orders to Australia
- How long will my order take to arrive?
We endeavour to deliver to you within 2-3 working days from the time of placing the order. RURAL DELIVERY
Rural delivery times are between 2-6 working days from the time of placing the order.
We'll let you know via email if there are going to be any delays with your order.AUSTRALIAN DELIVERY
Delivery Times to Australia once dispatched:
|Region||Delivery time once dispatched|
|Metro Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane||3 - 5 Working days|
|Regional NSW / ACT / QLD / VIC||3 – 8 Working days|
|Rest of Australia & non-metro||5 – 10 Working days|
- How do I track my order?
Once we have sent out the email to let you know it has been shipped, you can track the order online by going to NZ Couriers website: www.nzcouriers.co.nz
- How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is a flat rate of $5 per order for NZ orders and a flat rate of $15 for all Australian orders.
- Where can I use my EZPAY account?
- What is EZPAY?
A Flexible Finance option that makes shopping with us easy
- How does EZPAY work?
Red Rat offers an extended purchase limit for approved EZPAY customers to shop now, pay later
- What do I need to apply for EZPAY?
You must be over 18 and a New Zealand resident. You need to provide one primary or two secondary IDs, and a proof of bank account. Please note that EZPAY is currently only available for New Zealand customers
- How do I sign up for an EZPAY account?
Simply complete our EZPAY application form online (link to form), submit it through online or visit your
nearest red rat store with a copy of your ID and proof of bank account. You can also call 0800728728 to request a home visit if possible (depending on the distance from the nearest store).
- When can I shop?
If your EZPAY application is approved you can shop after a successful direct debit payment.
- Can I pay my account using my partner’s bank account?
Yes through Automatic Payment but not through direct debit. Direct debit payments must be in a bank account in your name due to privacy concerns.
- I want to pay my account in full, how do I do this?
Call us to set up a one off lump sum direct debit payment, pay via internet banking or pop into your local store.
- What happens if I miss a payment?
One of our collections team will contact you if your payments are dishonoured or missed to see how we can help get payments re-started. If you miss numerous payments and we cannot make contact with you one of our team may visit you at home.
- What do I do if I am suffering financial hardship?
If you are unable to keep up with your payments due to unforeseen circumstances, get in contact with us so we can help.
Red Rat may require documents supporting your claims. After reviewing these we can suspend or adjust your payments based on your situation.
- How can I get a Direct Debit Form?
If your direct debit has been cancelled you can download our direct debit form
and take it to your bank to restart payment. Then get in contact with us so we can touch base with your bank to make sure that payments come through without a hitch.
- Why are my direct debit payments cancelled?
The bank has automatically cancelled the direct debit because your account may be in overdraft or you have contacted the bank to cancel the direct debit.
- Can my family or friend make payments on my account?
Yes they can pay via Automatic Payment or make a payment in store.
- How do I close my account?
Call, email, chat or send us a facebook message on our reddy ratty page requesting to have your account closed.
- How do I find out details about my account?
Log in to our red rat website using your registered email, log in using the red rat app or call us on 0800 728 728 for details about your account.
- Why is my owing balance so high?
The owing balance consists of your purchases, interest, maintenance fees and dishonour fees which is outlined on your application.
- Can I make changes to my payments or reduce my payments?
You can change your payment dates or payment amount by calling us, sending us an email/chat to request change in payment date or payment amount.
- What is your bank account number so I can make Automatic Payments?
BNZ 02-0191-0003676-000. Your reference number is your customer number.
- Can I put my payments on hold?
Depending on your circumstances we may temporarily put your
payments on hold. To apply give us a call or send an email, chat or a
facebook message on our Red Rat page.
- How do I make a payment to cover my missed payment?
You can set up a payment through Internet Banking, call us to request an extra payment taken out through direct debit or make a payment at your local store.
- Can I exchange an online order in-store?
Yes, you can exchange orders in store - please ensure you take the items, including original tags and receipt with you to enable this to be smooth as possible.
- How do I return a product?
You can either choose to return a product through a red rat store, or by sending the goods back to our warehouse. You can find the delivery address and "how to" on the Returns Policy
- What if something is delivered wrong?
If we send the wrong item or size as part of a delivery please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
. We will change the item as soon as possible and arrange for the wrong item to be returned.