One Love VIP Giveaway December '19 - Terms & conditionsOne Love VIP December 2019 Giveaway – Terms
‘Promotion’ means the promotion set out in the Specific Rules;
‘Prize’ means the Prize set out in the Specific Rules.
‘Red Rat’ is Red Rat Clothing Limited;
‘Promoter’ is Red Rat;
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a)all Promoter and Sponsor employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b)all people under the age of 18 years where the Prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
‘Immediate Families’ include spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1.These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to this Promotion conducted by means of any medium – online, radio, print, or a connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the ‘Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the Red Rat EZPay Account Holder or purchaser of the said product) to enter the Promotion.
5. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter the Promotion.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who the Promoter decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
8. By participating, entrants grant the Promoter exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
9. All entrant personal details must be valid and up to date and will be held by the Promoter and may be used for the purpose of the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes by Red Rat, in accordance with their respective Privacy Policies (see www.RedRat.co.nz), unless otherwise directed by contestants at the time of entry.
10. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
Winning the Prize
11. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the Prize (the ‘Winner’).
12. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the ‘Judge’).
13. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Winner will be notified by email or phone (voice or text) and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by the Promoter. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone or email after three attempts) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the Prize is not collected within two weeks of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls or emails to any contact details provided at the time of entry.)
15. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter and/or Sponsor may substitute a prize of like or equal value at Promoter’s/Sponsor’s sole discretion.
16. Where the Winner is required to claim the Prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate).
17. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the Promoter and Sponsor in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
18. Each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Promoter, Sponsor and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, celebrities, and all of their past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamations, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or deal or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the contest, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of prize and/or broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
19. Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (the ‘Travel Prize’):
(1) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
(a) Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
(2) The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international or domestic airport for flight departure and from their nearest international or domestic airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
(3) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the Winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize Winner.
(4) Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, accommodation, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
(5) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
(6) The Promoter and Sponsor make no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. Travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
(7) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter and Sponsor in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter and/or Sponsor.
The Promoter’s Responsibility
19. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
20. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction or Force Majeure (including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes) or otherwise.
21. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoter and/or Sponsor will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Prize.
22. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside the Promoter’s control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize, the Promoter has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
23. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
24. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the Prize will be forfeited.
The ‘Specific Rules’
The Promoter is offering entrants into the Promotion the chance to win two, VIP two day tickets to One Love Festival 2020 in Tauranga on January 25, 2020 and January 26, 2020. Additional prizes are set out in The Prize.
There are 2 prizes to be won.
HOW TO ENTER
The Promotion Period begins on 21/12/19 at 12:01am and ends at 11:59 pm on 31/12/19.
To enter the Promotion, you must make a purchase of $200 or more of merchandise from Red Rat in store. This only includes in store purchases.
You must Register using your own name, telephone number and email address.
You must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible for the Prize.
You must be available between the dates of 25/1/20 and 26/1/20 to be eligible for the Prize.
No responsibility will be taken for any entries lost, delayed, or otherwise not received, or where the entry is not completed fully, correctly or in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. Eligible entrants consent to the use and disclosure of their information for the purposes of this Promotion by Pato Entertainment Limited, Red Rat and any agents associated with this Promotion. Eligible entrants agree that by submitting an entry they consent to Red Rat using their email addresses and phone numbers to send information to them regarding Red Rat.
HOW TO WIN
The Promoter will compile all entries received online and instore at the end of the promotion period and randomly select one (2) Winners on Friday, 3/1/20. The Winners will then be contacted in accordance with the above promotion or competition rules.
The Prize (“the Prize”) is:
-2 x VIP 2 Day tickets to the One Love Festival 2020 held at Tauranga and Wharepai Domains, January 25-26, 2020.
2x Festival Survival Packs valued at $150 each